Einav Yarden - Schumann: Scenes and Fantasies (2018)
EAC Rip | FLAC (tracks+log+.cue) - 152 Mb | MP3 CBR 320 kbps - 143 Mb | 01:01:34
Classical | Label: Challenge Classics
For her third release on Challenge Classics, pianist Einav Yarden has chosen works by Robert Schumann. Two popular masterpieces, the Fantasie and the Waldszenen, are coupled with late and little known Fantasiestcke op.111.
The three works on this CD span a period of fifteen years, years in which the young Schumann suffered forcible separation from his beloved Clara, followed by their marriage and a brief period of relative calm, to the increasing bouts of mental instability which were to close him off from the world around him until his death.
The piano Fantasiestcke op. 111 was composed in 1851 during a time of deteriorating mental health and increasing disillusionment with his post as Music Director of the Dsseldorf Music Society. In contrast to the youthfully extrovert Fantasiestcke op. 12 of 1837, these three untitled pieces are "of a serious and passionate character", as Clara described them, their bold harmonies intensifying their expressivity.
The Fantasie in C major op. 17 is one of Schumann's most powerful large-scale piano works, composed during the bitter period of his enforced separation from Clara.
Schumann completed his cycle of nine forest piano miniatures, Waldszenen, in 1849, while struggling with increasing bouts of mental instability and depression. Each piece is headed by a descriptive title. These masterly tone paintings display Schumann's genius in creating miniature images consummate in expression, characterisation and mood.
Praise for Oscillations (CC72599)
"She pairs Beethoven with Stravinsky to striking effect, merging that unlikely couple with imagination and exceptionally vivid playing." - The Washington Post "Yarden plays a wonderfully exuberant, vibrant Haydn, glowing, transparent, adventurous, at times intimately chamber-music-like, at times grand and orchestral. A voice for Haydn!" - Fono Forum (DE)Tracklist:
1. Drei Fantasiestcke, Op. 111: No. 1 in C Minor. Sehr rasch, mit leidenschaftlichem Vortrag (02:21)
2. Drei Fantasiestcke, Op. 111: No. 2 in A-Flat Major. Ziemlich langsam (05:30)
3. Drei Fantasiestcke, Op. 111: No. 3 in C Minor. Krftig und sehr markiert (03:27)
4. Fantasie in C Major, Op. 17: I. Durchaus phantastisch und leidenschaftlich vorzutragen (12:06)
5. Fantasie in C Major, Op. 17: II. Mig. Durchaus energisch (07:22)
6. Fantasie in C Major, Op. 17: III. Langsam getragen. Durchweg leise zu halten (10:26)
7. Waldszenen, Op. 82: I. Eintritt (01:50)
8. Waldszenen, Op. 82: II. Jger auf der Lauer (01:26)
9. Waldszenen, Op. 82: III. Einsame Blumen (01:42)
10. Waldszenen, Op. 82: IV. Verrufene Stelle (02:58)
11. Waldszenen, Op. 82: V. Freundliche Landschaft (01:11)
12. Waldszenen, Op. 82: VI. Herberge (01:59)
13. Waldszenen, Op. 82: VII. Vogel als Prophet (03:17)
14. Waldszenen, Op. 82: VIII. Jagdlied (02:26)
15. Waldszenen, Op. 82: IX. Abschied (03:26)
Внимание! У Вас нет прав для просмотра скрытого текста. Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите под своим логином и паролем.
Links are Interchangeable - No Password - Single Extraction